Read the full post here.
Jump to the recipe for these healthy roasted tomato buddha bowls below.
Roasted Tomato Buddha Bowls with Creamy Probiotic Yogurt Barley Salad
Buddha bowls with a creamy, probiotic barley salad. These variations on "buddha bowls" use in-season summer produce; employ what's fresh and available in your location. Buddha bowl recipes (or Whole Bowls!) are meant to be abundant and filling, so don't skimp on the components.
Author: Allison Day
Category: Bowls, Main Course
- 1 pound (4) field or roma tomatoes, halved horizontally
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 recipe Creamy Probiotic Yogurt Barley Salad, recipe here
- 1 bunch swiss chard, greens shredded, stems finely chopped
- 2 avocados, mashed
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- ½ cup alfalfa sprouts
- 4 hardboiled eggs, peeled and halved
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for serving
- Lime juice, for serving
- Salt, for serving
- For the tomatoes, preheat oven to 375ºF. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and place tomatoes cut side-up; sprinkle with salt. Bake for 40 minutes to 1 hour, until slightly shrunken and collapsed. Cool for 15 minutes and chop into bite-sized pieces.
- To assemble the bowls, add compartments of Creamy Barley Salad, swiss chard, cucumber, rosted tomatoes and sprouts. Add a scoop of mashed avocado and 1 egg per bowl. Season with oil, lime juice and salt. Serve.